Middle Eastern mezze are increasingly popular across the globe. Most of us know (and love) Hummus and Falafel. So, wouldn’t it be nice to be able to prepare these and other Middle Eastern delicacies at home? Mezze for Beginners is all about the small delights of Arab cuisine, known as mezze.
- Recipes for every palate: Varied choice of recipes for every occasion, taste and skill level. From the famous Falafel and Hummus, Shakshuka, spreads like Muhammara or Mutabal (eggplant dip), colorful salads, hearty pies, grilled vegetables, grape leaves to meat skewers – the book has over 40 individual recipes to choose from. On top of that, you’ll find many additional recipe variations, recipes for spice blends and delicious Arabic mint tea… There’s something for everyone!
- Vegetarian friendly: Many mezze are naturally vegetarian, some are even vegan… There are plenty of options for meat-lovers and vegetarians alike.
- Introduction to Arab cuisine: The cookbook was designed for people with no experience in Arab cuisine. It contains plenty of useful information on Middle Eastern ingredients and cooking methods. Get to know basic ingredients, spices, how to chop parsley, tips on dough making… All you need to know to get started with Middle Eastern cuisine.
- Foolproof concept: All recipes come with easy-to-follow directions including pictures for each step, in addition to a picture of the finished dish. Perfect for visual learners. “Kitty’s Tips & Tricks” contain useful information on variations, ingredient substitutions, common pitfalls and much more… Everything to make sure your dish turns out delicious.
- Culture: Insights on etiquette and hosting. Learn how the locals eat and combine various ingredients and dishes… A glimpse into Arab culture and hospitality in the Middle East.
- Mezze platters: Whether for breakfast, lunch or dinner, it’s common to prepare various mezze dishes. Three separate menus with ingredients lists and a detailed plan allow you to create a mezze platter with ease… Get your taste buds ready, you’re in for a treat!
- Quality & Sustainability: Printed in the EU on high quality paper from responsible sources, bound with thread stitching. A sturdy book with a classy look… good for you and the planet.